Frequently Asked Questions
- Updated January 1, 2019 -
- Do you provide a written contract?
- YES. I provide you with a contract that clearly defines the terms of
agreement (the "who, what, when, where and why" of the event). There is no fine print, add-ons or confusing legal terms. It is a simple contract in plain language.
The contract is available in paper, or digital form that can be filled out on your computer. You can save the digital contract on your computer and also print it out if needed.
All internet correspondence is SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted to protect your information.
- Are there any add-on or extra charges?
- NO. There is no additional charge for travel, consultations, set-up, tear-down, wireless microphones, dance floor lighting or uplighting. Everythng is included. You just decide how long you want to party.
- Do you book events, then subcontract them to other DJs?
- NO. I perform at all events that I book. I do not subcontract any events. My contract clearly states that I am the DJ that will be performing at your event.
- Will you meet with me in person to help me plan the entertainment for my event?
- YES. I meet with you at your convenience to assist you in planning the entertainment for your event.
I will meet with you multiple times if necessary. My goal is to provide the exact entertainment that you desire. There is never a charge for any meetings with you.
- Do you use a written event planner?
- YES. I provide you with a comprehensive detailed planner to assist you in planning the entertainment
for your event. I work closely with all other vendors at your event to ensure that it flows smoothly and exactly as
you have planned. This written planner is the "blueprint" for the entertainment, and is shared with all other vendors at your event.
Each event planner is specific to the type of event it is for. No changes are made to the written planner without your approval.
The event planner also allows you to list "MUST PLAY" and "DO NOT
PLAY" songs, and is easily customized to meet your specific needs. The planners are available in paper and digital form.
- Do you provide song lists to assist me in selecting the music for my event?
- YES. I provide you with lists of suggested songs for all parts of your event that might be enhanced
by music, such as introductions or the grand entrance of the Bride and Groom. I also have specific lists for slow dance songs and the top party songs.
You can find my 22 wedding and party song lists on the Song Lists page.
The lists contain the most-requested and most-popular songs, and are only a small portion of my music library. You are not limited to my lists. Please choose any songs that you want.
- Do you have a wide variety of music?
- Yes. My Music Library contains over 15,000 songs featuring Classic Rock, Oldies,
Country, R&B and the current hits too. I ask you what your musical tastes are and what types of music or specific songs
you find offensive. If a song is offensive to you, or you dislike a certain type of music, I won't play it. My goal
is to play what you and your guests want to hear. With your prior approval and with respect for your tastes, I will
welcome requests from your guests.
- Will your attire be appropriate for my event?
- YES. Dress is appropriate for the event and is discussed with you in advance.
- Do you perform the "Master of Ceremony" duties?
- YES. I am very experienced at public speaking and am happy to make any and all announcments and introductions that you desire, or you may designate
someone. Four (4) hand-held wireless microphones are available for use by you and your guests for toasts, speeches and other announcements. Persons requiring the use of the microphone must be approved by you.
- How much do you interact with my guests?
- I keep your guests informed of everything that is planned throughout the event. I greet your guests at the door and introduce myself to them as they enter the venue.
I will glady coordinate any special events that we discuss duing our meetings. I do NOT go to your guests and drag them to the dance floor, put hats on them, shove a microphone in
their face, make them play games or embarass them in any way. I keep the focus where it belongs: on you and your celebration, not on me.
- Do you bring an assistant?
- YES. I bring an assistant to all events.
- Do you bring back-up equipment?
- YES. My sound and lighting systems are professional quality and have built-in redundancy, so failure of one component will not stop
the music or lights. I maintain my own equipment. I have never had an equipment failure at an event. I upgrade and replace equipment on a regular basis.
- Can I come to your next event and see you and your equipment set-up?
- You are welcome to attend any "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC" event where I am providing the musical entertainment.
I do not invite prospective clients to "PRIVATE" events such as wedding receptions, corporate parties, etc.
You can see photos of my set up and uplighting on the Photos page.
This configuration eliminates the use of tripods which take up valuable floor space and can be easy to trip over if not set up properly.
All speakers and equipment cabinets are a black matte finish with plain dark grey grills.
The table is covered with a pleated black skirt that covers the top and all sides of the equipment table.
I do not display any advertising or signs. With your approval, I display a small business card holder on my equipment table.
- Do you book more than one event per day?
- NO. I only book one event per day. You receive 100% of my attention for your event.
If you wish to keep your party going into "overtime" I am always available.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, check or major credit card. Credit card payments are handled by Amazon Pay. We do not impose a service charge for paying by credit card.
- Is my event and credit card information secure?
- YES. Your personal information that you provide to us via our website and email is protected during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We proudly display the Comodo
We use your information ONLY as needed for your event. Your information is never sold or shared with any third-party entity. The presence of a padlock in the address bar, and the web address beginning with "https://" (notice the "s")
ensures that your information is encrypted and secure. Your credit card information is handled solely by Amazon Pay, and is not seen, used or retained in any form by Got Music DJ Entertainment.
- How do I book you for my event, or ask additional questions?
- To book Got Music DJ Entertainment for your event or to request additional information, use the contact form, or call us at 765-215-5281.
© 2010, Jon Colip / Got Music DJ Entertainment. All rights reserved.